I finished the first round of edits for Storm Chaser toward the end of the weekend. There were a lot, but most were fairly easy fixes and amounted to punctuation: I think I like commas more than Dave (my editor), and he likes hyphens more than me. There was also the issue of parentheses ... I've been hearing for years that using parentheses to indicate character thought was falling out of favor, but Dave thinks otherwise. I was very happy to change it back to the way I like it -- I never have understood what's wrong with me thinking, Hey -- people can tell I'm thinking now!
So I sent the edits in and went to take a nap before work, satisfied that I'd have days before the next round came through to attend to other matters such as some upcoming meetings and the primary election (vote for me!) When I got to work -- just four hours later -- there was my corrected manuscript, awaiting the errata list. Basically I have to go line by line through the entire manuscript again, getting one last chance to correct typos and other mistakes that haven't yet been caught. And that's why you won't be hearing much from me for the rest of the week.