Migraine, yourgraine, everyone's graine ...



Emily and I spent much of the last few days with bad headaches, probably weather related, and last night it sent me into a migraine. This morning the page went off for a fire and I came downstairs, drank some water, took ibuprofen, and woke up enough to realize no way was I going to a fire … the aftereffects of a migraine aren’t all that much better than the effects. I was drained and my back was killing me, which I suspect stemmed from the pain making my body tense up. My best guess is that the weather, changes in my sleep patterns, and stress were the big triggers.

But I didn’t come here to complain … wait, yes I did. I didn’t get any writing done, either, and I’m missing my brother’s Halloween party. Boo! (“Boo”, in a bad way.)

I’ve only had about half a dozen migraines, and from what I’ve heard, I suspect mine was a “mild” one. Of course, me being a guy, I suffered more than a woman would have with the same level of pain. Or at least, I complained more. I know people who live with these regularly, and I can’t imagine how horrible that is. It would be like the worst days of my chronic back pain all over, times ten, plus nausea. (By the way, Emily took care of me despite her own headache.)

So if you know anyone who has migraines, send some sympathy there way. Apparently I need to reduce stress and get more sleep, so I’d like to announce I’m retiring from my third shift 911 dispatcher job, just as soon as I get a seven figure, three book deal from any publisher that can pay seven figures. Should be any moment now.

2 comments:

  1. My aunt's sister-in-law had migraines throughout her life. There were times it was debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble even getting out of bed or opening my eyes -- and I had a mild version.

      Delete