Free short story: “Look Outside”



Here’s our Christmas present to fans, readers, friends, non-fans, and … well, non-readers maybe won’t appreciate it. Just go to our website extras page at http://markrhunter.com/extras.html, and you’ll find a new short story, “Look Outside’, as well as stories from the previous two years. Download the PDF and enjoy on the device of your choice, and let me know if you like it!

The No-Campfire Girls first paired Beth Hamlin and Cassidy Quinn, and in “Look Outside” we find they’ve developed a long-distance friendship: Beth lives in northern Indiana and Cassidy at the southern end of the state. Both are missing a parent at Christmastime, and it takes an extra holiday effort to cheer them up.

We previously met Beth in all four of my published works of fiction: Storm Chaser, Storm Chaser Shorts, The Notorious Ian Grant, and The No-Campfire Girls. In addition to her appearance in the latter work, Cassidy is the lead in a so-far unpublished YA mystery, Red is For Ick. Don’t worry: Although events from other stories are mentioned, you don’t have to read them to enjoy the story … although I’d be happy if you did.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!



4 comments:

  1. In the middle of No Campfire Girls, right now. Beth and Cassidy are great characters--so is Ronnie. Don't tell me how it ends. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lips are sealed! And Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Mark, I would so love to do that, but I haven't finished read two other electronic books that I started, another one that I really want to read, and a stack of real books where I've managed to turn one page of a science fiction book. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I had high hopes that I'd do a lot of reading while off work for my sinus surgery, and I finished exactly one book -- and that was a book Emily got from the library that I'd never intended to read!

      Delete