Fun With Icy Sinuses



I missed all the fun and exciting ice/wind storm stuff today due to a little post-operative problem. No, as predictable as it would be, I do not have another sinus infection.

I have a SUPER sinus infection. The doc gave me two shots of kryptonite today, and if that doesn’t work, he’s sending in Batman.

Boy, I wish I was kidding about the shots. I can barely sit down.

But at least we have power, for now, and a lot of people around here don’t. Just a quick reminder, so you don’t end up with the kind of pain I’m in: Be very cautious of fire, whether candles to light your home, or auxiliary heating like kerosene. Fire danger is high, and with open flames or generators, there’s a carbon monoxide hazard. Remember that just because downed power lines are quiet doesn’t mean they’re not live, and just because you can’t see ice doesn’t mean you aren’t about to look like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Be careful.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully the meds help.

    All that weather is coming this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just about everyone is getting a taste of this system. The Weather Channel is calling it "Winter Storm Goliath".

      Delete
  2. That photo gives me the the shivers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it from my front porch, so I could quickly duck back inside!

      Delete