Rest in Peace



Goodbye to Cholene Anderson, who was heavily involved in the Noble County Relay for Life and who had a great heart. If my sometimes failing memory serves, she was my study hall supervisor in high school, and sent in Merriam news items many years ago to our local newspaper.

Also goodbye to Bob Gagen. He published  the Noble County American for many, many years, and also served as Noble County Historian—I job I didn’t appreciate until he’d already passed it on to his daughter. The American printed the school newspaper I wrote for, Cat Tracks, and I remember going up to remove the Cat Tracks pages from the American printings and stack them together.

I found out about both of those deaths within minutes of each other, which amplified the shock.

Meanwhile, everyone’s little friend Izzy has had a return visit from her cancer and is once again undergoing treatment at St. Jude, so the challenges continue for Sonja Elliott and her family.

I’m just going to put this out there: 2016 has sucked so far.

2 comments: