Price reduction on my book, and hardcover ... or so I hear

It's been kind of a rough year, and especially a rough last month or so. But as an author I have to get back on the horse, because gift giving season is coming (I don't use an actual holiday name until November), and it turns out promotion is part of an author's job.

It's helpful for that effort that Arcadia Publishing has our Images Of America book priced at $21.22 for print, a drop from the original price. It's one of three history-related books Emily and I put together ... together. Or will that be four by this time next year? Stay tuned ... news to come.



 You can get it on all those various electronic formats too, of course--even the Nook. Anybody still have a Nook? 

 

Personally, for a photo-heavy book like this, I think it's better in paperback. But then there's the surprise I got when I checked our Amazon page. Take a look, and see if you can figure out what shocked me:


See that there, in the middle? They have it listed at $28.99, with a price drop to $20.78. Why $20.78? Why not $20.80, or $20.99? I don't know, but it still seems like a pretty good buy for a hardcover version. The only copies of the book I have are paperback.

That's because I didn't know there was a hardcover version.

If any of you happen to have ordered the hardcover, please let me know if this is a real thing or not; I've never had one of my books turned into the version that can be used in home defense. I realize that if you don't have a connection to Noble County you probably don't have any version, and in that case check out the Arcadia Publishing website: If you live in America, they're likely to have a book out covering something in your general area.

(And, as usual, check out all our books at http://markrhunter.com/ ...)

5 comments:

  1. I tend to vastly prefer books in paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The debate goes on! I prefer print, but I'm on the fourth Game of Throne books--the most recent two on Kindle--and once I got the hang of it I didn't mind at all. But I'm also a Luddite, convinced that someday all those electronic books will just disappear.

      Delete
  2. You're not exclusive to Amazon, then? I left my publisher for that reason. We haven't done a print edition yet, but we are going with an audiobook version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Arcadia has it up on Nook, Google Play, iBooks, Kobo ... pretty much everywhere. One area where I've had luck is that the traditional publishers I've been with did a good job distributing the e-book versions.

      Just the same, I recently sent letters to another publisher to get the rights to my first three fiction books back. Not that I had any major problems with them, but they do no promotion, they never drop prices on older works, and my sales there have been pretty much zero.

      Delete
    2. I guess I do have problems with them!

      Delete