Storm Chaser Quiz, clue #5

Storm Chaser Quiz, Clue #5:


The little town of Hurricane, Indiana, is within visual distance of one of the biggest hog farms in Noble County. However, this is a trick clue, because during my research I discovered the official address of that business isn't the same as the farm complex I'm familiar with. In any case, don't worry -- if Hurricane really existed you could see it from the farm, but it's not close enough for that wonderful summer hog scent to be an issue!


Next time I'll give you a dead giveaway: An actual photo of Chance Hamlin's hometown, Hurricane, Indiana. How do you suppose I'll manage that?

2 comments:

  1. Photoshop?

    I've lived near hogs. It ain't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up about a quarter of a mile from a hog farm, and never really noticed the smell even when I played there -- kids just don't notice that kind of thing as much. In fact, the house I lived in is less than three miles from "Hurricane" -- although the neighboring farm was much smaller.

    Luckily for Hurricane, half a mile makes a big difference, and prevailing winds would push the scent away from town, anyway.

    ReplyDelete