My friend Rosanne Dingli has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award, a kind of pay it forward way to bring some attention to fellow bloggers:
Thanks, Rosanne! It’s been kind of a rough autumn for me – the boost is much appreciated.
This comes with a responsibility to say seven things about myself, and to nominate five more deserving bloggers. I don’t have all that much interesting to say that I haven’t already said, so you probably know these things:
1. Last year I got my 30 year pin as a volunteer firefighter (I joined on my 18th birthday), and this year a certificate for 20 years as an emergency dispatcher.
2. I have Seasonal Affected Disorder: Winter quite literally drives me crazy.
3. My fiancée is half my age – and twice my maturity.
4. I can’t stand America’s two great drinks: coffee and beer.
5. It took me over three decades from the moment I first ventured into fiction writing as a child to getting my first novel published.
6. My humor column, Slightly Off the Mark, was named after a line in a newspaper story about a bowling league.
7. I was known throughout my school years for being painfully shy.
Now, on to nominations that, I admit, I picked somewhat at random because I couldn’t decide among all the excellent bloggers:
William Kendall: http://williamkendallbooks.blogspot.com/
Beth Muscat: http://allkiddingaside-beth.blogspot.com/
Barry Parham: http://barryparham.wordpress.com/