No flow, oh no

I'm sure I've said this before, considering the frequency of this event in my life, but nothing brings every aspect of life to a screeching halt like a sewer backup. No laundry, no dishes, no showers, no toilets -- instant Third World status.

After a pain-inducing but pointless exercise with a hand cranked sewer router, and so much chemical application that my property has been declared a brown zone, I'm back in -- *ahem* -- business. My problem is usually roots, and this is only the second time in 22 years that things have started flowing again without the use of a powered hundred foot root-chewing router. Thus, I'm suspicious, and will probably spend much time over the next few weeks in the basement, staring down at the lowest drain, waiting for the worst.

2 comments:

  1. Not the sort of thing you want to put up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad part is that I'm almost used to it by now ...

      Delete