Early report on 125th



Things went well yesterday: We haven’t counted how many copies of Smoky Days and Sleepless Nights were sold, but it was more than twice as many as any previous book signings – not including people who pre-ordered, but weren’t able to come. We're only a dozen or so new sales from the break-even point, and after that the Fire Department will get money toward training and equipment.

Also, and a bit to my surprise, we sold five copies of Storm Chaser! I was left with just one, although more are on order.

It wasn’t as hot as earlier in the week, and we didn’t get rained on. We started signing as soon as we got there, before we even had time to unpack my tote. (I have a book signing tote!) Sadly, the helicopter and bagpipers weren’t able to make it, but there was a good crowd, some awesome fire trucks (both new and classic), lots of fun stuff for the kids (and great food), and a wonderful dedication ceremony. I’ll have more information – and pictures – later.

Now the history book is “officially” available. If you’d like a signed copy, it’s $9.95 plus shipping and handling; we don’t have a PayPal button up yet on the website, but you can go there to shoot me an e-mail, or order it through Amazon and Create Space.

Orders through me will be a little delayed: I start vacation tomorrow, and we might not get much internet time for a while, so please be patient until after the first of the month. Also, we need a rest!

4 comments:

  1. Bravo! Good for you.

    Enjoy the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying all of it -- except being away from the internet. Withdraw!

      And I've been working on my new novel an average of an hour or so every night, so that's cool.

      Delete
  2. Such great news! Sounds like the book is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing is that I left the state two days after the first signing, so I have no idea if other copies are being sold without me or not!

      Delete