The "official" SYTYCW announcement


            So … you think you can write?

            I’m fairly sure I can, so I’ve entered Harlequin’s So You Think You Can Write (SYTYCW) contest for, you guessed it, writers. My entry is at:


            And that’s kinda important, because here’s where you come in: The first phase, which runs from October 2nd until October 11th, involves the public voting for their favorite first chapter. Everyone can vote once per day, and at the end Harlequin/Mills & Boon editors will take the top 25 manuscripts chosen by voters, along with three wild card submissions the editors choose. Only then will the top 28 full manuscripts go on to the next phase.

            This is your chance to see chapter one of my unpublished novel, Coming Attractions, along with a 100 word synopsis that took almost as long to write as the original manuscript.  So vote early and, at least in this case, vote often! Here’s the main website for the contest:


Later in the voting period I’ll share some details about the novel’s creation, plot, and metaphysical philosophy. Or maybe just two of those.

2 comments: