We're in hardcover, and I'm on Instagram


I have something in common with J.K. Rowling! We used to have a lot in common, in that she was once dirt poor and unknown as an author. Now the only thing we have in common is that there are hardcover versions of our books.

Well, one book, in my case.

I mentioned previously seeing it on Amazon and thinking, “WTH?” (It stands for what the heck, let it go.) The book is Images of America: Albion and Noble County, which I’ve talked about a lot lately, mostly because I want people to read it. A lot of people have, which is very cool, and some might be upset that I didn’t tell them there was a hardcover version available.

But in my defense, I didn’t know there was a hardcover version.

It just showed up on Amazon one day, along with the e-book and paperback versions. Oddly enough, the hardcover isn’t advertised on the website of my publisher, Arcadia Publishing. Being the suspicious sort, I took the easy route and just ordered a copy from Amazon myself. Hey, I support this author.

And sure enough, there it was.

One of our books. In hardcover.

I’m very proud. Unfortunately, the book came out a couple of years ago, and most of the people who might have bought it in hardcover probably have it in paperback. But still. It’s cool. And it makes me wonder, if we did a hardcover edition of our next photo book, how many people might choose that one.

Here's the Instagram post I made about this, because ... I don't know ... somebody might want to see me talk?



2 comments:

  1. I guess at some point someone must have wanted one, and the publisher figured print a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably; and with print on demand, they don't have to worry about keeping an inventory.

      Delete