Linemen Are Always Wired Up

I heard a noise last summer and looked around the corner to find a truck parked in my back yard.



A lot of the utility workers from around here are down in the southeast right now, trying to repair all the infrastructure damage done by Hurricane Michael. They're putting in some long, long hours, a long way from home.

On more normal days these are the guys who keep my computer and TV running, not to mention, oh, lights and heat. Speaking as a person who once, as a lad, tried to dig a piece of bread out of the toaster with a fork, I wouldn't take their job for love or money. (The toaster won.)

4 comments:

  1. They were busy here some weeks back when the tornado tore through here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet they were--that job's all feast or famine. Never met a lineman who wasn't fearless and hard working.

      Delete