Ambient Snow Noise

At my chiropractor's the other day (her office, not her home), she was playing one of those ambient noise CDs that's supposed to relax you. At the time she was pushing my spine into my sternum, so you can debate how effective it was; all I heard was the sound of my own screaming.

Still, it got me thinking. I've heard ambient noise soundtracks of babbling brooks, sea shores, gentle rain, birds chirping, distant thunder, and I've just now realized how very loud nature can be.

Basically you can get ambient noise from any season ... except winter.

Why don't they have any winter soundtracks?

Howling wind, scraping snow plows. The sound of cars skidding off the road. The noise of snowblowers, bodies falling, people cursing. Surely people would pay to hear something like that, if only in the middle of July.

I think I've just hit on a new idea. Maybe I should start wearing a body mic ... I can put the recording on disks, and I'll be rich.

Or at least make enough money to pay the chiropractor.





4 comments:

  1. I've heard about that brutal cold hitting the Midwest today. Take care. I hate those ambient noise recordings. Oh, when it is cold enough, one can hear the ice breaking limbs of a tree as they crack, break, and fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree limbs breaking aren't so bad ... unless the sounds seems a little too close! I actually have a rainfall noise app that's helped me sleep in some unusual places, but otherwise it's not a thing for me.
      Record cold anywhere is bad, but record cold in January for us is pretty remarkable!

      Delete
  2. There's also the breaking of branches during ice storms.

    We're getting snow and cold temperatures today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes ... I've had a lot of suggestions on what to add to the audio! Hopefully you'll get a bit of a warmup along with the one we've got coming this weekend.

      Delete