Photos From Jeff's Memorial Gathering

 It was a hot day when Jeff Hunter's family and friends gathered to have a meal and remember him last Sunday. I think Jeff would have appreciated that--like his brother (me), he hated the cold. Jeff passed away on January 30th, and if I recall correctly, there was a snowstorm coming in at the time, so it was quite a difference.


We were at the Delt Church Park in LaGrange Co, a place Jeff and his wife Cathy liked to go. I'd never been there, so Emily and I ran up a week earlier, and found it to be a beautiful place. It's in Amish country, so every now and then a buggy would go by. The pavilion Cathy rented was right on the edge of the Little Elkhart River. More about the place here:

http://www.lagrangecountyparks.org/index.php/parks/delt-church

I personally didn't take a lot of pictures that day, being preoccupied with other thoughts. But in this one you can see, in the standing photo to the right, Jeff and Cathy on their wedding day. Toward the left are Jeff and me in our truly horrendous 70s leisure suits, along with our little sister Penny.

The following are photos Cathy gathered together and put up on poster boards for everyone to look at. Different times, different people with him in the photos ... a lot of memories, there. If you click on them, the smaller images should be easier to see.





It was nice to see a lot of people I don't get to see often ... wish it had been under different circumstances. Some weren't able to stay all that long due to the heat, and in the below photo the crowd had started clearing out a little. Mother Nature does like to screw up outdoor plans.


One final photo: Dad (Delbert Hunter) and me. In these COVID times, we haven't seen much of each other lately. I confess I haven't felt up to going out and seeing much of anyone, between my ongoing medical problems, the coronavirus, and everything else that has been going on in recent months. There's also the whole introvert thing--I believe it runs in the family. (Emily took the picture.)




http://markrhunter.com/
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/"Mark R Hunter"

4 comments:

  1. Covid has had a way of keeping people apart. A good way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed ... it's gotten so bad that even introverts were wanting to get out some.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful place for a remembrance. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete