November Mowing Pictures

Just to remind you that this too shall pass, here are some pictures from when the weather was much nicer--in November of last year. Hard to believe anyone would call any part of last year the "good old days", but at least we weren't on the edge of world war. As for weather, I just saw a prediction of a couple of inches of snow for this weekend, which is normal for basketball playoff season.

------------------------------------------------------- 

 

I get such a kick out of mowing the lawn in November. It means I'm not shoveling snow, for one thing. This year I got one last mow in before all the ick began, and I took some pictures along the way because nothing says "safety" like holding onto a roaring lawn mower with one hand while aiming a phone in the other direction.

Lilacs bloom in the spring. Except this year, because this is 2021 and Mother Nature wanted to remind us of what we'll be missing for the next several months.

Most of my fire bush died this year because of another plant that grew up and strangled it--which I didn't notice until the remaining fire bush started to turn color. The part that remained after my slashing massacre seems to be doing okay ... so far. 


I've never understood why some people hate dandelions. I mean, they're flowers. Those little vines that want to spread everywhere, now those I hate.


Oh, I forgot to mention: growing right with the lilacs were cherries, from a tree I didn't even know was there until late last summer. I'm so bad of this yard thing.


Well, it was nice while it lasted

 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shots.


    We're at that stage of winter when the weather can change by the hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad for one hand on the camera and one on a roaring, vibrating lawnmower ... but I had the light for it.

      Delete
  2. We don't get actual flowers in west London. Even those sold in flower shops are pretty pathetic. Thank goodness for Holland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my ... we have flowers all over the place. I can't imagine not being able to stop while on a walk and just take in their scent.

      Delete