A Walk Along Sand Lake

I got this all ready to post during the worst of winter ... now, in the worst of spring, I'm finally putting it out there. Let's face it, we're all at least half a year behind. 

-------------------------------------

 

Between Emily's knee surgery and my general laziness, we weren't taking Beowulf out for walks as often as we should, so before the weather turned icky in November we drove down to Chain O' Lakes State Park. I took him for a stroll along Sand Lake while Emily was in the car, luxuriating in not being at home. (Then we went for a drive.) Naturally, I took pictures.

Of course, no dog walk would be complete without the dog, who was happy to get some new smells in.


Honestly, it was a little depressing seeing everything closed up for the winter.
There were still a few brave souls camping, though. As you read this, outdoor stuff is finally getting a little easier.


Duck! Sorry. The geese weren't fond of the dog, I don't know why.


It was close to dusk, but there was still one fishing boat out there. Even with most of the leaves down, Chain O' Lakes is still a beautiful place to visit. We didn't see any deer this time, though.


 


4 comments: