Looking For Local Ghost Stories

 I've been contacted by the Acquisitions Editor for The History Press, which is a part of Arcadia Publishing. They do local and regional history books, and Emily and I wrote Images Of America: Albion and Noble County for them.

On an unrelated note, I noticed the Images Of America books are on sale over the holiday weekend:

https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/

Long story short, I'm starting work on a new book for them. The tentative title is A Haunted History of Noble County, Indiana

Spooky, and I didn't even have to edit. It's an Old Jail--has to be haunted, right?


All I need now is you.

Overall it would be the fifth Noble County related book through Arcadia Publishing, and my second. Just as I asked for old photos for our Images Of America book, I'm seeking help from locals, people who used to be locals, and general history and ghost buffs. I need stories: Tales you've heard about supernatural stuff in Noble County (Indiana!), strange things you've witnessed, rumors, general weird stuff, from homes, businesses, cemeteries, isolated roads ... and, of course, any photos of possibly haunted places, old or new.

I do like old photos, but this book will have fewer pictures and more stories than the last one.

This will be my fourth history book: I found copies of the other ones in the Noble County Public Library's history and genealogy room in Albion.

Of course, in the book I'll credit anyone who sends in anything--unless you don't want to be credited, in which case my lips are sealed. And if you have photos, Emily can scan them and get them back to you. We have scanned historical photos already, from the last project, but we don't have them all by a long shot.

I prefer to communicate through the wonders of the web, like e-mail and messaging, because I work nights and sleep when most people are up; but I can act like a regular person and talk by phone or in person. At least, I used to be able to. How hard could it be? We can be contacted at ozma914 at hotmail dot com, if you correct the at and dot and remove the spaces.


Sadly, this pushes my schedule back on our other book projects, including a second book about the Albion Fire Department, but I promise to get back on those just as quickly as possible. Help me out by sending me those stories! It's a spooky world, so freak me out.

Actually, the genealogy and history section of the library seems to have all my older books, which puzzled me until I realized they were in a local authors section.


http://markrhunter.com/
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/"Mark R Hunter"




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, that's just sad. You need to go out and get haunted!

      Delete
    2. I live by spook hill

      Delete
    3. I have an important question, Anonymous: Are you a ghost? Because that would make the whole book.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous, have you ever seen anything unusual around Spook Hill? I'm working on that chapter now.

      Delete