Tree Procrastination Brings Blossoms

 My fourteen regular readers might remember that a couple of years ago I realized some kind of trees were growing up in the middle of our lilac bushes. I had to decide, quickly, whether to remove the trees, transplant the lilacs, or have my back yard declared a nature preserve and let the government worry about it.

If you read my blog from April--of this year--you already know that I reacted the way I often do when faced with difficult decisions: I ignore them and hope they go away.

But maybe that's for the best, because this spring the trees I almost cut down were spectacular.

One of them is apparently a cherry tree:

 

We base this on the fact that last fall it had cherries growing from it. Can't get nothin' by me.

The other is, possibly, a crabapple tree:


I don't know ... I think I'm crabby enough, without the tree. You should hear it bark.

The lilacs?


The bushes are smaller and I had to clear a lot of dead wood out even before the invading trees showed up, but the lilacs that remain seem to be doing well. We're considering some transplanting work. I'll ... you know ... get around to it.

Before you blame me for not acting sooner, if I had we wouldn't have been able to enjoy some really beautiful spring blossoms:

How did they get there? The same way we end up at car washes: bird poop.


There are three things we really need more of in the world: beauty (real beauty, not that Hollywood crap), peace, and real chocolate with no calories.

I just thought of four other things, so maybe I should just leave it here.



http://markrhunter.com/
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/"Mark R Hunter"

Remember, every time you don't buy a book, a leaf falls from a tree. You autumn readers should be ashamed.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. All the flowering plants and trees make up on reason why I love this time of the year so much. Not shoveling snow is another.

      Delete
  2. I loved the lilac bush and cherry tree on my parents farm. The blooms and scent were incredible. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stood between those two areas and breathed in a few times.

      Delete