Can Anyone In This Time Read Romanian?

 Okay, so check this out: As I'm sure all of you remember, back in 2021 I had a short story, "Everybody Knows Your Name", published in East Of the Web, an online fiction magazine. The original short story is here:

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/EverKnow1183.shtml


And the post I made about it is here:

https://markrhunter.blogspot.com/2021/01/new-short-story-everybody-knows-your.html

Not that you need to read the blog post, but I try to be thorough. Anyway, the story has been translated and republished ... in Romanian.

It has TOO. I have proof:

https://fictiuni.ro/toti-iti-stiu-numele-mark-r-hunter/

Amazingly, my name in Romanian is the same as my name in English.




 Ha! Told you. The Senior Editor, a very nice man named Nicu Gecse, asked if I would allow the story on fictiuni.ro for their tenth anniversary issue. As you might imagined, I checked to make sure it's the real deal, and it is--they've even published an Isaac Asimov story.

"Everyone Knows Your Name" is the story of a time traveler whose first trip--as tends to happen with time travelers--doesn't go at all the way he planned. I love time travel stories, and I tried to make this one original, and ... maybe I succeeded. If not, I'll just go back to 1955 and try again.

So you people taking Romanian to get that language minor, here you go--enjoy! Of course, the story won't be a true classic until it's translated into Klingon.


Remember, if you ever go time traveling, take a good translation book with you.



2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! How many people can say they're published in Romanian? And who do you have to know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the really impressive part--I don't know anybody. Come to think of it, I should ask him how he found out about the story, in the first place.

      Delete