On Free Books, Covid, and Publishing Delays

 I didn't think I'd get a blog out this weekend, between all the sleeping and the complaining. (That would be me complaining: Covid sucks.)

Still, there are those times when the coughing wakes us up (Emily has it too), so I figured I should do something. I won't be able to get back to work until Friday, and honestly I'm a little concerned about my ability to make it through a 12 hour shift even then. But enough about Covid for now; I've collected enough material to do a whole blog on the subject, although I question whether I can make it funny.

On a brighter note, Coming Attractions is once again free until December 31st, thanks to the Smashwords 2023 End Of Year Sale:

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ozma914

 #SmashwordsEoYSale

 

The catch: It's part of the Smashwords promotion, which means, let's face it, you have to get it on Smashwords. But it's availalbe on epub, mobi, and pdf formats, or as an original document. It should be readable to anyone with an e-reader, cell phone, or computer. (The book is thus far unavailable on cuneiform tablets.)


Now for the bad publishing news: Due to the Covid and various other horrible stuff that's happened this year, we've had to push back the publication of our Haunted History: Noble County book. My plan was to have most of it done by now, and I've hardly even started on the interviews; nor am I going to interview anyone face to face, until I'm sure we're done with this crud. So at this point the book I promised in 2024 is probably not going to be released by History Press until 2025 (which is not an outrageous delay in traditional publishing).

Better a delay than a poorly put together product. I'm bummed by it, yes, but I'll be cheered up by all those people buying our books this Christmas season. Get buyin'!

 

 

 

Remember, no one ever went broke buying free books. Reading them, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment