Assassination Is Always Wrong

I'm going to delay my normal weekly blog due to everyone's minds being somewhere else, with good reason.

Now, before I go on, I want to make something very clear: I don't like Donald Trump. He's a bully and an a**hole.

That's not a political statement, because I also don't like Joe Biden. He's an idiot savant, a dumb person with a genius for getting elected. (A conclusion I came to years ago, and unrelated to his current troubles.)

Neither opinion is related to their political views. I do not talk politics online except in humor pieces, for the same reason I don't try to reason with brick walls. Don't bother. You have your opinions, and I respect that, and I don't dump friends because I disagree with them.

However, if you're happy that someone tried to kill a Presidential candidate, unfriend me. Right now.

I'm not talking about conspiracy theories or questions about what happened and who was involved. I'm talking about people who think it's okay to take out politicians, on either side. I'm talking about people who wish it had succeeded. I don't care who the victim is, it's not okay. It wasn't okay when Reagan was targeted. It wasn't okay with Kennedy, or Lincoln. It's never okay.

Don't bother coming back at me with who caused all the hatred, because there's plenty of blame to go around. If you think your side should win by killing candidates on the other side, you've gone over the edge, and you're now part of the problem. We have nothing more to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment