Turkeys on a plain

War just broke out, which didn't seem like a good time for a long humor piece or a "buy my books" plea. Instead I dug this out--something that's been sitting in my drafts for a year, that serves as a reminder that life goes on ... even wildlife we never used to see around here.

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's bad enough having so many turkeys behind the wheel, without having to worry about the real thing flying out in front of you.

I suppose they were out there just gobbling up worms.




4 comments:

  1. I've seen them in the countryside here. They are characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? And they can be scary up close.

      Delete
  2. Usually, turkeys just run. The wild ones will fly though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and nothing is as scary as seeing a turkey fly toward you, especially if you're in a speeding car. I've seen a few photos of impacts in the area, and they really do fly at windshield level.

      Delete