Are Valentine's Day books lining Cheryl's she-shed?

I checked my Amazon author rankings the other day, and discovered that in August they sold a copy of an anthology I'm in, My Funny Valentine.

In August.

We sell some copies of that anthology every year--in late January and early February. I mean, it's a humor book about Valentine's Day, so that's when you'd expect to move a few.

But August?

Maybe it's like those TV channels that feature Christmas related movies in July. They're just trying to ... well, I don't know what they're trying to do. Remind true holiday fanatics of their favorite time of year, I suppose. I wonder why I don't watch summer movies in January? Maybe I'll give it a try next winter.

Meanwhile, why should I care about the reasons? I don't care of people buy my books to insulate their she sheds, as long as they buy them.

"You stuffed too many flammable books into your She Shed, Cheryl."


But it made me wonder about something. What do you, the reader, think of holiday themed fiction? Who'd be interested, for instance, in reading a Christmas themed novel written by someone, say me? Asking for a friend.

This blog does not recommend or condone using books as insulation.


(You can find both Mark's books, and material to replace Cheryl's she-shed, on the Amazon that's not burning.)

https://www.amazon.com/Mark-R-Hunter/e/B0058CL6OO


4 comments: