Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies

Or, for you Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans, maybe midgets.





Do you ever get the feeling that some animals have a death wish? Me, too. Deer running in front of you, birds playing tag with your car--on the interstate.

Then there are the more gentle daredevils.




A family of bunnies has been living in my back yard. I don't have a problem with that, but in both the previous photos the little youth rabbits were hanging out only a few feet from our back door. This would be the same back door our dog comes out of when he has to do his business. There's a cat that's been prowling around that same area.

Have you seen my dog?


He's not small. And I've learned he likes little animals ... for dinner.

And get this: I'm finding the little piles of bunny pellets inside the range of Beowulf's line. (By the way, they're not chocolate candy. Remember that.) It's like they're pooping on his turf just to antagonize them. I'm living on the same property as Bugs Bunny.



My only conclusion is that they're teenage bunnies. You know how teenagers are: always taking chances, thinking they're indestructible. That has to be it.



This one's probably mom, hanging out safely at the end of the driveway. Doesn't she look worried? Yes, she does. If I could speak rabbit, I'd probably hear: "You bunnies get out of that dog's range! You're going to fall down and break your leg and put your eye out, and if you do, don't come running to me!"


4 comments:

  1. Bae must be making plans for rabbit stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they are like the rabbits here, they manage to disappear as my granddaughter's large dog goes out the door. Tweeted, but it said I had already Tweeted that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty fast little buggers, that's for sure! But these ones do take chances.

      Delete