Birthday Photos

 Thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes! There got to be so many that I wasn't able to respond individually, so I pretended I was Neil Gaiman and couldn't respond to all my fans. Sadly, I wasn't able to duplicate the accent, or the looks, or all those book sales.

I did intend to ask everyone to buy one of our books for my birthday, which would be an awesome present ... but I seem to recall doing the same thing last year. So, just buy one now, instead.

(That never works, but what the heck.)

 

On a related note, I stopped doing any work on my writing for most of the week. Why? Well, to start out both the dog and I were sick--me with a ginormous sinus infection, Beowulf with a tooth abscess. We even both started on antibiotics at the same time. (He's a lot better now.) Still, after a few days Emily was able to shepherd us up to Michigan, where my oldest daughter Charis and her family were staying at my ex-father-in-law's cottage on Lake Bellaire.

(Lake Bellaire, not coincidentally, is the setting for my novel Radio Red)


So, we got to celebrate my fiftieth birthday up there!

(There was apparently some kind of math error.)



That's Charis and Vince and--oh, Beowulf!--waiting for one of Lake Bellaire's awesome sunsets. I spent most of my time sitting, being still under the weather, but there's something about that place that's just--relaxing. And if you're going to sit, isn't it better to sit on a shore watching the lake and sunset, and eating S'mores? I agree.

Speaking of S'mores, we had cake, ice cream, biscuits and gravy for both mornings we were up there, and some yummy grilled chicken, and I didn't have to cook a bit of it, which is probably what made it taste so good.

Above are my grandkids Brayden and Hunter, and the beginning of one of the coolest sunsets I've ever seen ... which I'll post photos of later.

So yeah--we had a great time. Now we're home, and I'm still spending a lot of time sitting, but hey: We have books.

Oh, and if you want to check out Radio Red:

 
 

7 comments:

  1. Relaxed me, just looking at pics. Beowulf looks like such a good boy, just hanging out with his people. He doesn't stray? Hope 60 is good to you. ( Can't fib to classmates, mate. We know how old you are)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does stray, when he's feeling well and there are some good scents to follow. But he's been having some old age related problems and hasn't been moving fast or wandering far from us, so it wasn't a problem up there. He really is feeling better now, although his appetite is still off.
      As for me, some days I still feel in my thirties, and some days my eighties! With this sinus infection I was already hovering around 65, anyway.

      Delete
  2. It's Annie, btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radio Red is a great book!
    Everybody should buy a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, then I'd get eight billion sales! :-) Actually, if I got eight hundred sales I'd immediately start on a sequel.

      Delete