Epic link fail

Okay, so, I'm on several social media sites, and I've been cross-posting by copying my original blog on Blogger, then pasting that onto places such as LiveJournal and others. I've just found out that when I do that, all the links to our books, the newsletter, our website, everything, changed into links that went right back to the blog.

For who knows how long. Which means either no one has been clicking on the links, or no one thought to tell me they were wrong. Either possibility makes me sad.

I might not have time or energy to see how far back this goes, but rest assured I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen again. Meanwhile links on Blogger work fine, such as on this one about the Michigan magazine's profile of me:


But when I pasted that link onto, say, LiveJournal, all the links go back to the Blogger post, instead of where they say they go. I might be able to copy from LJ TO Blogger, instead of the other way around.

It's going to take some time and Tylenol to figure it all out, but rest assured, I'm going to be more careful in the future. Also, these are the CORRECT links to our website, Barnes and Noble author's page, and Amazon author's page:


And to the newsletters are all here:



https://i1.wp.com/www.cloudave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/425f562d369d334bf939b883b04582e3.jpg?resize=500%2C421&ssl=1

5 comments:

  1. Weird. Hope you find a solution. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've figured out how to fix it in the future ... but I don't think I've got the energy to go see how far into the past the problem goes.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if it's linked to to bigger issues at blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You say that as if he was standing right in front of you, fist half-closed. :-)

      Delete