Michigan Sunset Photos

 We were only up in Michigan for two nights on our summer vacation, but I was looking forward to seeing the sunset over Lake Bellaire. The second night it was okay. The first night? Well, I left these photos un-retouched, so you can see for yourself. (Click on them to make them bigger, I hope.)

At first it didn't look like the sunset would be all that special, but I was able to sit in a chair while the grand-twins made hot dogs and s'mores over the fire, so who was I to complain?


 

Then the sun broke out and started shining on the underside of a cloud layer.


It turned out to be one of the greatest sunsets I've ever had the good fortune to witness.





No, that's not a funnel--I suspect it's virga, rain that evaporates before it hits the ground. There were thunderstorms far off and to the right in these images.

I've mentioned before that many of the scenes from my novel Radio Red take place near, by, or on this lake. I don't remember if I described the sunsets, but words can't really do them justice, anyway.



4 comments: