The Fire Department has never sponsored a block party before, so I'm not sure how to measure its success.
Certainly there was a lot of work put into it. Those can Koozies are cool, by the way. Also, I now know that Koozie is a name brand for cool can coolers. I bought two.
The Sweetwater All Stars Band? Also cool. On a related note, I thought the weather was perfect: a little warm, a little humid, just as end of summer celebrations should be, but not too hot.
The crowd seemed to be enjoying it. I had to leave early, and when I stopped to get food at El Mariachi Mexican Grill, it was standing room only inside. I assume some of those people also came out when supper was done.
The Albion Fire Department used the opportunity to not only raise funds, but show off their equipment. This baby was obtained through a partnership with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, which runs Chain O' Lakes State Park in our response area. Emily was telling me just the other day of seeing firefighters up at Pokagon State Park use just such a vehicle to move an injured hiker back to the roadway.
And of course the fire safety house put in an appearance, although I didn't get a very good picture of our Fire Prevention Officer Phil Jacob--he's standing on the right edge of the image.
I only saw one dancer while I was there! I hope other people joined in later. As for me, whenever someone sees me dance they try to render medical aid.
It would be great to see this as an annual tradition. Until next year! I hope.
You can also support local
authors, by checking us out here:
· Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
· Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/search?attributes.contributorId=13727646
· Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4898846.Mark_R_Hunter
· Blog: https://markrhunter.blogspot.com/
· Website: http://www.markrhunter.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ozma914/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarkRHunter914
· Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markrhunter/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarkRHunter
· Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@MarkRHunter
· Substack: https://substack.com/@markrhunter
· Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/ozma914
· Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ozma914
· Audible: https://www.audible.com/search?searchAuthor=Mark+R.+Hunter&ref_pageloadid=4C1TS2KZGoOjloaJ&pf
Remember: Dance like your pants are on fire—the fire guys will put it out.






No comments:
Post a Comment