First a commercial, because coming up in a few days is the Albion Fire Department block party, and I'd hate anyone to miss it. I wrote all about it here:
https://markrhunter.blogspot.com/2026/08/a-fire-department-block-party-and-block.html
(Although I just learned there's not going to be a "touch the truck" opportunity for the kids there, after all.)
Now on to the show, and in this case the show features mostly photos not by me, but by my wife Emily. She was working at the Pokagon State Park Saddle Barn, on a morning when storms were predicted--in Michigan. Pokagon is close to, but not in, Michigan.
From further south, I was pointing my camera north and taking photos like this:
Those storms, I thought, were in Michigan.
Emily, from her position at a place where no rain was forecast, got a slightly more interesting photo:
Not a funnel cloud, but you can be forgiven for thinking it is. If I have my directions right, she was also facing north. That's the Saddle Barn in the foreground. It could have been a roll cloud, but I've only seen a couple of those, and they're generally not connected to other cloud systems.Personally, I think some of these photos would make a great cover for a novel; maybe a Storm Chaser sequel, or some kind of thriller.
Michigan had been having severe storms all week, including some tornado touchdowns. Indiana recently had the same activity, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone. As for Emily, I did an extra load of laundry last week because she came home soaked all the way through. Anyone who works outdoors has probably had that experience.
You don’t have to look to the
sky to find us and our books:
· Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
· Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/search?attributes.contributorId=13727646
· Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4898846.Mark_R_Hunter
· Blog: https://markrhunter.blogspot.com/
· Website: http://www.markrhunter.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ozma914/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarkRHunter914
· Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markrhunter/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarkRHunter
· Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@MarkRHunter
· Substack: https://substack.com/@markrhunter
· Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/ozma914
· Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ozma914
· Audible: https://www.audible.com/search?searchAuthor=Mark+R.+Hunter&ref_pageloadid=4C1TS2KZGoOjloaJ&pf
Remember: Unless you’re on a boat and get motion sickness, reading is weather resistant.




No comments:
Post a Comment