A Writer's Search History Can Be Puzzling

I spent some time on the internet last month researching the parts of a saddle and bridle, types of horses, trailer hitches, dog behavior, cowboy hats, head injuries, patient assessment, and the topography of Brown County, Indiana. All for one story.

Later I spent more time researching the horse racing industry, handguns, mushrooms, John Wayne, skin glue, and Japanese names.

Yeah, I'm back in that fiction writing game. At least until I get done with the first draft of We Love Trouble, and go back to researching for nonfiction.

I love this job.

Ah--so that's a horse. Thanks, Pokagon Saddle Barn!




http://markrhunter.com/
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0058CL6OO
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/"Mark R Hunter"

(Remember, every book that doesn't sell by January 1st has to go to the Island of Mistfit Books.)

6 comments:

  1. I sure hope nobody is watching mine! It still amazes me that I haven't had a visit from NSA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked up things like the newest explosives, coffins, and poison. It's a wonder I haven't been reported. Have fun with the research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Research is a blast! Except every now and then when you can't find something that should be obvious, then it can be very frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Some of my internet searches can get quite weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's any writer who can't say that--and it's lots of fun, isn't it?

      Delete