Happy birthday, Emily!

So, it's been a really awful December.

This possibly relates to the fact that it was a really awful November, but December just went right into the sewer, sometimes literally. Illnesses, scheduling problems, weather, blood pressure--which I guess goes with illnesses--and I'm currently in pain because of the previously mentioned sewer (long story).

Anyway, I'm stressed out to the max, which I guess goes with blood pressure, but I've got two things going for me:

One, after December 21st the days start getting longer.

Two, I always know my wife's birthday, because after that the days start getting longer.

That's a cool way to remember a date. There's also calendar phone apps, of course, and on a related note, our wedding anniversary is March 5th.

She's going to kill me for posting this pictures without getting approval first, but--just look at them! They're SO cute!

Emily always knows when I'm feeling down, ill, or stressed, and she usually knows how to help fix me. Beowulf knows all that stuff, too ... I'm the only insensitive person in the house.

But anyway, this post is mainly for Emily:





Even though I usually screw up your birthday by not being prepared. On a related note, I'm not prepared for your birthday. But I'm not too concerned, because I locked up your sword collection.

Emily does not have unlimited patience, but by gosh, she sure has a lot of it. She takes care of me a lot, and if you don't believe me I can show you the scars, and she also takes care of the dog and a lot of other problems, not that the dog and I are problems except for when we are.

So here's to Emily, who deserves to live in a way warmer place, but all I can do is turn up the thermostat and offer to make her hot chocolate. Everyone wish her a happy birthday!

I mean, just look at them! Could they be any cuter?



No comments:

Post a Comment